Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Special UNISON NEC meeting...

I've just been invited to a meeting I may not be eligible to attend.

My current term of office on the UNISON National Executive Council (NEC) expires at the close of our National Delegate Conference on Friday 19 June.

A new NEC (of which I may or may not be a member) will take office that very afternoon.

However, I have just been invited to a meeting on Wednesday 1 July (subject to my re-election).

This is most unusual.

The last time a special meeting of the UNISON NEC was convened outside its regular cycle was in January 2010.

That meeting agreed a timetable for an election for General Secretary.

I can't imagine why this meeting has been called...

Update after the NEC meeting on 3 June

The General Secretary has told us that there will not now be a meeting of the new UNISON NEC on 1 July.

Curioser and curioser...

2 comments:

Nick Venedi said...

You will be back our Jon of the Rogers known to others as Jon of the Rogers. We need you on the NEC!
Nick Venedi Varoufakis

Anonymous said...

Give it some Jon!