Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pants still on fire?

Following my blog post a week ago about the persistent failure of national officials to respond to a simple query about a material inaccuracy in the main UNISON leaflet providing information about the proposals for the future of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS 2014) (http://jonrogers1963.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pants-on-fire.html?m=1) I would like to be able to tell you that I have received a full and honest response.



Unfortunately I can't.



I would not in any case have been impressed by attempts to dragoon branches and activists into supporting recommendations from "their" Service Group Executives (SGEs) in the current ballot (not least because such attempts contravene UNISON Rule B.2.5 and because - in the case of the Local Government Service Group at least - the ballot is now proceeding in breach of Conference policy).



I am particularly unimpressed to see such an authoritarian over reaction in the context of the mixture of arrogance and incompetence exhibited by the failure to reply to a simple question which I put to national officials on 27 June.



It's a good job I am having a relaxing holiday or I would be quite out of sorts.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: