Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Development and Organisation Committee...

I am sorry to say that I shall be late to today's meeting of the UNISON NEC Development and Organisation Committee as I have to attend a meeting of the Lambeth UNISON Branch Committee first thing.

This means I shall miss the important debate on recruitment which always kicks off the meeting - at which I hope the Committee will focus on how we can use campaigning on public sector pay to boost sluggish recruitment in 2007.

The Committee will also be discussing NEC policy recommendations on amendments to the Conference Agenda - I hope to blog a fuller report later.

Happily the London Region will not be unrepresented since all three of our sitting NEC members serve on the Committee (so I hope members in the Region will forgive me...!)

No comments: