Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Preparations for the TUC continue whilst the rest of us sun ourselves

It is reassuring to know that whilst some of us are enjoying ourselves, the routines of the labour and trade union movement are continuing to play themselves out.

Today I got the annual letter inviting me to express an interest in speaking at September’s Trades Union Congress. It may be that the UNISON Presidential Team will once more wish to spare me the stress and heartache of having to address Congress on behalf of our Union, but I shall volunteer! If any readers have any suggestions as to what I should volunteer to speak on then let me know!

This reminds me that, as I missed last week’s TUC Delegation meeting I have not reported on it here – but a fellow NEC member, James Anthony, has a report on his blog. (Well worth a look, just to see that there is a blogger on the UNISON NEC who happily find himself in agreement with the majority – a circumstance likely to give rise to great optimism).

No comments: