Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Waltham Forest members rejecting 2%

I suppose I am not given to such silliness but I feel a little sad to note that the first birthday of this blog passed unremarked upon here, although I am pleased that the anniversary post was so much in the spirit of the blog, as is this latest news...

I was pleased to address a meeting of the Waltham Forest local government branch today on the question of pay, alongside comrades from the PCS, NUT and CWU. The UNISON members present voted unanimously to reject 2%.

No one seemed keen on 2.5% either…

Congratulations to the Waltham Forest branch for organising the meeting – they have a further joint union meeting on pay coming up, so all London branches need to follow suit!

1 comment:

Matthew Stiles said...

Happy birthday if belatedly then. Yours is one of the few blogs I have on my favourites list.