Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back to work :(

Fairly typically, as a week's leave comes to an end, I am reminded that the reason I have 34 days paid leave (in addition to public holidays of course) is largely because of effective trade unionism.

I'm not sure that makes me feel better about going back to work...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

34 days? My word, I thought my union had done well for me at 30 days.....

Anonymous said...

typical local government worker
all you care about is holidays and out lefting each other
dont worry when we get in
youll feel the cold wind of reality
as we have already done in Hammersmith