Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Saturday, January 04, 2020

Data protection breaches at the heart of Government?


Having expressed my concerns about age discrimination to someone advertising Government jobs, it occurred to me to check whether the person seeking my personal data was registered as a Data Controller…
Dear Mr Cummings,
Information rights concern
I am concerned that you have not handled my personal information properly.
You have advertised job vacancies and invited submission of personal data without being registered as a Data Controller. I have responded to your advertisement and therefore you now have my personal data.
I understand that before reporting my concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) I should give you the chance to deal with it.
If, when I receive your response, I would still like to report my concern to the ICO, I will give them a copy of it to consider.
You can find guidance on your obligations under information rights legislation on the ICO’s website (www.ico.org.uk) as well as information on their regulatory powers and the action they can take.
Please send a full response within one calendar month. If you cannot respond within that timescale, please tell me when you will be able to respond.
If there is anything you would like to discuss, please contact me on the following number ...

Yours faithfully,

No comments: